SimplyNZBs Review: Everything you need to know
SimplyNZBs is the NZB index website which has been around for some time now. The company is known for its high retention period and good service. In this comprehensive review, we will see if SimplyNZBs lives up to our expectations . Usenet.com reviews the NZB Indexers to ensure that you find the right fit for you. You can find comprehensive reviews of all major NZB Indexers on our website. Let’s get started.
- Invite-only NZB indexer
- The Indexer runs every 15 minutes
- It comes with Ads but the number of ads is limited
- Integrations with NZBGet, Sonarr, SABnzbd, Couchpotato and more
- SSL encryption
- Support Cryptocurrencies for payment
- Credit-card Payment support
NZB & Retention
The platform doesn’t provide any information about the exact number of NZB but the platform does feature the sizeable amount of NZBs. The indexer runs every 15 minutes which ensures that you get the latest NZBs on the platform. The free users can download only 5 NZBs per day and VIP users can download the 1000 NZBs per day
The retention period of SimplyNZBs is 2145 days which roughly translates to the 5 years and 8 months. If we compare it with other major NZB indexers then this number is pretty high.
Free Account Features
SimplyNZBs allows you to use the service for free if you manage to get the invite. Just like other NZB indexers, the free account on SimplyNZBs is also pretty limited and you only get the restricted access to the service. Free Account comes with the following features.
- Free Account holders only get the 10 API hits per day
- Free account holders can only download 5 NZBs per Day
- SSL Connection
- Integrations with NZBGet, Sonarr, SABnzbd, Couchpotato and more
SimplyNZBs offers basically three types of memberships to its users.
- Free Account
- VIP Account
- Lifetime VIP Account
You can get the Free Account when you get the invite from the community member. Once you get the invite, you can register yourself and start using the service.
You can upgrade your VIP Account by donating the £5. The VIP Account also comes with some perks such as 5000 API hits per day and 1000 NZB Downloads per day.
Lifetime VIP Account
SimplyNZBs also allows the users to upgrade to the Lifetime VIP Account. You can get the Lifetime VIP Account only if you already have the VIP Account and you are willing to donate to the service. The website doesn’t provide any information about the amount of money you need to pay to get the Lifetime VIP Account.
SimplyNZBs is a very reliable service and it works well with the majority of the clients. It works well with the SABnzbd, NZBGet, Sonarr, SickBeard, Couchpotato, headphones and others. During our research, we didn’t find any complaints about integration issues.
The platform supports the following payment options.
- Credit Cards
- Ripple and many more.
Ease of Use
When it comes to the ease of use, we would say that SimplyNZBs is pretty easy to use. The only problem with the platform is that it is invite-only and you will have to do a lot of research to get the free invite. Also, the invites are pretty rare and only 50 random users get the 10 invites per week and it is up to SimplyNZBs how they use those invites. However, if you want, you can always request the invite by paying the small fee.
Apart from the invite-only issue, the platform is pretty easy to use. The user interface is also pretty basic and you can use it without any issue. The dark theme of the platform makes it easier to use the website at night.
During our research, we found that the SimplyNZBs is a completely automated platform and the indexer runs every 15 minutes to index the NZBs. The official website doesn’t provide any information about the number of NZBs indexed on Indexer.
How to Use
It is very easy to use SimplyNZBs. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to the official website of SimplyNZBs
- Go to the top right corner and click “Login”
- Enter your username and password. Click “Login”
- In the dashboard, go to the search bar and type the NZB you want to get.
- If you want you can explore the categories as well. The website features the categories of Audio, PC, TV, Books and more.
- Once you find the right NZB, download it and then import it to the Newsreader of your Choice. If you are not sure about which Newsreader to use, you can check the complete reviews of all major Newsreaders on our website.
- Also, make sure that you have a valid subscription of a good Usenet service. We recommend UsenetServer and Newshosting because both services offer the best value for money. You can read the complete reviews of UsenetServer, Newshosting, and other major Usenet services on our website.
- Once you import the NZB to the Newsreader and you have valid Usenet subscription, the Newsreader will start downloading the NZB file.
SimplyNZBs uses the SSL connections for all of its communication between the server and your device. It is an end-to-end encrypted security protocol which means that you will get a secure connection.
SimplyNZBs doesn’t have any forum which is a bit disappointing. Other major NZB indexers have their official forums that allow the users to communicate with each other. However, there are some unofficial forums available on social websites such as Reddit.
SimplyNZBs offer the very basic level of customer support. The official website does come with the FAQ section but it only features only 12 questions. Also, you can contact the customer support by submitting the ticket on the official website.
What are other Alternatives?
SimplyNBZs is a decent NZB indexer but as it is an invite-only platform, your chance of getting its free membership is pretty slim, unless you are willing to spend money on the membership. Alternatively, you can go for other NZB Indexers which offers an easier way to get their membership. We recommend the NZBPlanet and GingaDaddy as both services have been around for a long time and they also offer good retention periods.
- NZBPlanet – It is one of the most trusted NZB indexers in the world and it has been around since 2012. The platform features more than 2 million NZBs and it offers the retention period of 1500 days. The company offers a free account as well as a variety of premium accounts that offer some additional perks.
- GingaDaddy – It is another very popular NZB indexer which has been around since 2008. The platform features more than 0.9 million NZB files that are accessible to the users. It also offers a retention period of 2000 days which is one of the highest in the industry. GingaDaddy also has a forum where users can socialize and share their thoughts.
You can read the complete reviews of NZBPlanet, GingaDaddy and other major Best NZB indexers on Usenet.com Review. We would recommend you to read the complete reviews of NZB indexers and then make an informed decision.